Applications Have Closed & We Are busy Tracking The Album.
Due for release late 2020!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Original compositions or traditional music in diversity is to be defined as covering the following music genres:
- Folk / Singer Song writer / Country
- Pop / Jazz / Fusion
- Blues / Roots / Reggae / Soul
- Classic Rock / Contemporary Rock / Punk Rock / Heavy rock
- Multi-cultural - World or other language e.g. Latin/African/Italian/Spanish etc.
- Aboriginal / Torres Strait / South sea Islander
- Instrumental or Progressive or Other
If successful, this project will offer you to have your song recorded with video footage at no cost to you:
- Professionally produced, recorded, mixed and mastered by a project team of more than 100yrs of award-winning experience at the highest level in the industry.
- Access to an open pallet of experienced session musicians as directed by the project team in negotiation with you, the songwriter / artist, to take your song to the next level.
- A video clip produced by Mackay’s finest video crews.
- Release of the album via online streaming services, including video clips of your song.
- Public exposure through a live performance at the project’s conclusion.
- The opportunity to tell your story through a video documentary or radio interviews.
HOW WILL YOUR SONG BE ADJUDICATED?
- Structure of work. Composition must be no longer than 5 minutes. Instrumental pieces are allowed.
- Lyrical content – must be inspired by the following themes, connected to our current COVID-19 pandemic: hope, positivity, overcoming adversity, celebration, strength and community.
- Your personal experience of COVID-19
- Your positive outlook on how to move forward from the COVID pandemic
- A traditional native message of overcoming adversity through indigenous cultural songs of celebration or strength
- Songs may be written in another language or as an instrumental piece. Both will need a supporting statement, validating the intentions and themes of the composition.
WHAT IS THE ADJUDICATION PROCESS?
To be successful, applicants will have to undergo three levels of submission to gain acceptance to the project.
The three levels to gain successful admission as an artist/songwriter on the album are as follows;
- Submit via the Sugar Town Music website.
- Potential applicants will meet with panel members via Zoom for a brief interview.
- Successful applicants will be offered formal acceptance by email and be required to sign the Sugar Town Music pre-production service request formally outlining Terms and Conditions of service.
WHAT IF I AM ACCEPTED?
- You retain the copyright of your song, and you as the Artist / Song Writer will be required to register your song with APRA AMCOS and the PPCA upon completion of the recording process prior to its release, and:.
- You agree to the Sugar Town Music terms and conditions, and;
- You agree to allow the Sugar Town Music label to distribute and manage your music for the purpose of the COViD 4740 – Community Resilience Project which includes commercial releases for streaming services, mechanical rights, radio and television.
WHAT IF I AM NOT SUCCESSFUL?
In the process of ascertaining the final cut to make the album, unsuccessful participants will be provided constructive feedback and with some offers of mentoring or access to free song writing workshops.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SONG
- Please provide a Mp3 demo of your song in audio format only by following the link below. This may include a demo you have recorded at home or a demo recorded on your phone.
- Please include your name and or band or group name and a best contact phone number.
- Be proud of your culture - if your submitting in another language or traditional music let us know where you call home, your culture , your country!
Together the community and industry will recover.